Sunday, July 10, 2011

What is your perception of social media, do you think it is a fad or the biggest shift since the Industrial Revolution?

Social Media has a large impact on peoples lives in today's society. For me it started on Myspace, to Facebook and twitter. I use Google constantly and Wikipedia on a day to day basis. I know a lot of my friends who use dating sites and met their sweethearts on those sites. I use Youtube when I need to get a laugh out of my day and talk about funny clips to my friends. I have a blackberry to keep myself informed of news feeds on Facebook, and BBM (black berry messenger) latest gossip of jersey shore. So do I think social media is fad or the biggest shift since the industrial revolution? Social media is definitely here to stay, and will never leave even if we wanted to. I never once thought it was just a ''fad". Social media isn't just a a new clothing line that's here for a week and gone. It's all over the world, from China to Canada and is used numerous times in a day. Social media is definitely the worlds addiction in my eyes and is constantly getting bigger and better! There's always new things coming out to get the people more excited and involved in social media. Even if someone isn't a fan of Facebook or twitter, their most likely using a cellphone, using Google or going on Wikipedia, and their involoved in expanding the growth of social media it's self. I think it will be really cool to see what impact social media will have on my children's children one day. Will Facebook still be alive? Will Youtube still be the hit to watch videos on? What bigger and better invention will they have to expand the growth even more?
Social media, is the greatest power in this world today.

1 comment:

  1. i totally agree with your concepts that people today and even you are advancing in using those websites by looking at today's world it seems to me that based on usage of this websites, they will keep advancing and will replace with many more websites that will keep on coming out.

    ReplyDelete